22 Mar COVID-19: Are You in Need of Self-Isolation?
“Self-isolation, quarantine, stay at home, and social distancing.”
All of these words give us a sense of fear and emergency. But unfortunately, at the moment we hear them every moment of every day. If you are worried about your health or your loved ones’ and are in an unprecedented state of panic, read this article to see if you have to isolate yourself. If so, do not despair as you’ll be offered some useful help at the end.
What is self-isolation?
Self-isolation means staying at home or a safe place in order to keep your social distance. Sometimes, you can stay with your family members, but there are also times that, due to some specific circumstances like coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, even family members should be separated temporarily to help flatten the outbreak curve.
Who should self-isolate?
- If you have just arrived in the UK, especially from worst-hit regions, and are waiting for your test result, you need to self-isolate for 14 days;
- If you’re seeking for a safe and secure zone where you can work and live with the least hassle and worry;
- If you were on holidays before international travel came to a halt, and now you’re stuck in the UK and have to stay in a safe place;
- If any vulnerable person is around you.
Let’s take a look at who these vulnerable people are.
Individuals At High-Risk
- Elderly people, especially those with serious pre-existing health issues;
- People with cystic fibrosis or severe asthma;
- Those with compromised immune systems;
- Pregnant women;
- Cancer patients going through chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
Keeping your distance from at-risk people is very important, especially if they mean a lot to you. For instance, if you’re a family with two kids living with the grandparents, you must know that your kids may be safe, but they may transmit the virus to your parents, and this is something you surely don’t want.
According to PHE, you need to keep at least 2m away from a vulnerable person. Moreover, if you have the opportunity to dwell in a totally separate place, the risk will notably decrease.
What’s our solution?
Now that distancing and staying indoors is everybody’s responsibility, it might be difficult to find a safe place to stay. As we, at Peymans, are committed to your safety and comfort, we have prepared deeply cleaned, fully sanitised serviced accommodations for you across the UK.
Our properties are offered at discounted rates simply to cover our costs. So don’t worry. You’re in safe hands. We need to help each other to move as safely and unharmed as we can through these difficult days.
The cleaning companies we cooperate with have increased the rigor of their cleaning procedures. We are working hard to provide you with a hassle-free stay. Moreover, we continue to evaluate our cleaning process.
On a separate note, all key workers, NHS employees and contractors are welcome to book with us at special rates for longer stays. Let us help alleviate your pains, which we share together, during the COVID-19 crisis so you can focus on doing your job with more confidence.
Book direct with us!
+44 (0)333 4444 324